Mural Painting! MONDAY the 26th from 3-5:30pm!
- In Norristown with ACPPA – artist coalition
- Will be a vehicle going over – email Maiya at email@example.com
- Built an HERB SPIRAL! Very exciting and now can grow lots of different herbs that require different environments
REAL FOOD CHALLENGE: THIS WEEKEND! Starts with breakfast at 8:30AM – Dinner at 5pm on Saturday and breakfast at 8:30AM – 4PM on Sunday at HAVERFORD
- An organization that supports college activism on food justice
- Food Calculator that tells if food is real or not and calculates how much food in dining halls is real
- Bring these numbers to the administration and challenge then to have 20% real food by 2020
- The weekend will be training, activism workshops, etc.
- Big thing with BMC will be education around food and why things are “real” or not real and why things are changing if we move toward 20% real food
- Starting point will be assessing where we are at and the possibilities moving forward to get more real food in the dining halls
- NEED TO GET MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED
Update from the Environmental Mixer:
- Computer that’s set up to monitor the energy use within a building
- Uses an image of a polar bear to make people turn off lights that aren’t being used and unplug stuff – polar bear drowns if you’re using too much energy
- Maybe we could set up something like that in dorms??
- Maybe if it happens again, better facilitation for ice-breakers and opening up discussion topics
- Some great networking between the schools (ppl from both Haverford and Swat were there J)
- Ecosphere – at Swat – provide space for representatives from each green club to meet every month and network and communicate
- Difficult to keep up interest because no specific goal; not moving toward a specific end
- Bring a topic that is of interest to green clubs – member retention, connections with faculty and staff, bigger voice on campus, etc